Talking about newborn photography is excitement, illusion to preserve these moment of your baby forever, love, but also insecurity, not knowing what to expect or not knowing how to be prepare for it. So that is why we create this post to help you a bit more about how you can be ready for your newborn session.
First you need to know that to achieve that really cute poses, baby needs to be sleeping deeply and he/she should be photographed within the first 14 days of life. After 2 weeks of age, they tend to be disturbed more easily while sleeping and it is not as easy to pose them with the true newborn look. They start to be comfortable stretched and also baby acne can start to appear.
How to get ready for your session:
- You can interact with your baby to try and keep him/her awake 1-2 hours before we start the session so he/she will be ready to go sleep. I always advice parents to stimulate their baby with a bath. It is work very well!
- It’s also ideal to schedule the baby’s feeding about 2-3 hours before arriving to the studio. We always leave time for mom feed him/her just before the session starts. A good feeding and a good sleep mean a beautiful portraits.
- The baby should be dressed in comfortable loose clothing to avoid any lines on baby’s skin.
- A dummy is great so don’t forget to put one in the bag just in case.
- The studio will be very warm for the baby. I remind parents to come to the session dressed in layers so they can comfortable remove some clothing if they feel that the room is too warm. Please feel free to enjoy and relax.
- For breast feeding Mums, please be open to feeding on demand in the studio. For bottle fed babies, please bring some extra bottles too.
We hope it is helpful for you. Contact us for more information!